Monday, May 18, 2015

Camping Trip #3 - Arrowhead Campground

In May of 2015 we went to Arrowhead Campground in Marianna, FL. When I was a young girl my family spent a lot of time at this campground.  Not a lot has changed at this place in 30 years and it seemed a little bit smaller than I remembered but good times were still had by all.

Pros:  SWIMMING POOL, camp store, dog friendly, full hook up sites available, sweet childhood memories, supposedly good fishing
 
Cons: campsites are not paved, can be challenging to level camper, not good bike riding or hiking trails, lots of bugs, may not be much to do during the winter when it is too cold to swim

Even though we had a great weekend, my family only gives this campground/park just a so, so rating. 

Hope you enjoyed your birthday weekend, Scotty!  Love you!!!

***Campsites are here are mainly first come, first served***


Mill Pond - crystal clear and very pretty


Our Campsite and the boy
 
The old pavilion...
in the good ol' days, on Saturday nights a band would play here and the whole campground would come out to sing and dance together.  Then on Sunday morning a local preacher would come and give a short message.  This place holds A LOT of good memories for me.  I distinctly remember my mom on Saturday nights laughing and dancing with us kids.  This place may not look like much but it makes me smile when I see it and maybe shed a few "happy memory tears" too.
 
 
Cousin Love :)
Alex got to bring her cousin Macy along with her on this trip
 
Alex and Macy playing in the pool. 
 
This picture totally makes me smile. 
Another story...  When I was little and we camped here, we spent most of our time at this pool.  At least once during our visit, dad would make all 5 of us stand on the side of the pool in order from oldest to youngest, he would take our picture, and then we would jump into the pool.  So I made Alex and Macy do the same thing. 
 
 
Scotty spent a little time fishing
 
And like I said already, a good time was had by all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment